To facilitate customs clearance service during Lunar New Year holiday and National 228 Peace Memorial Day, Kaohsiung Customs (KC) provides clearance service as follows:
1. February 9th & 26th (the last day before the said holidays):
General import/export clearance cases received will be cleared on those days except in special cases.
2. February 10th~16th (Lunar New Year holiday) & February 27th~ March 1st (228 Peace Memorial Day):
(1) Import/export cargo clearance will be processed without the need for filing applications in advance or paying special examination fees for physical exams when required. However, please note the working hours will be slightly shortened to 8 hours (from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm) and refer to the attached information for the respective clearance units during the above-mentioned holidays.
(2) Non-Intrusive Inspection (NII) will be available from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm at the NII station of the 5th Container Terminal (Wharf No. 74).
(3) Postal Parcels
KC officers will be dispatched in accordance with the schedule of Chunghwa Post Office. The office hours are listed as below:
(I) Kaohsiung Postal and General Affairs Subsection, First Customs Clearance Division:
7:30 am ~3:30 pm on February 11th, 14th & 27th
(II) Tainan Postal and General Affairs Subsection, Jianan Branch:
8:00 am ~ 4:00 pm on February 11th, 15th & 27th
(4) Clearance for the luggage of travelers will be processed regularly in accordance with the schedules of flights and cruise ships.
Listed in the attachment is the detailed contact information for reference.